Be Who You Want To Be
Hello please log in and or register.
Need to get ahold of the Admin of the site? Please email them at bewhoyouwanttobe@live.com

If you have suggestions for the site let me know!!!
Be Who You Want To Be
Hello please log in and or register.
Need to get ahold of the Admin of the site? Please email them at bewhoyouwanttobe@live.com

If you have suggestions for the site let me know!!!
Be Who You Want To Be
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Be Who You Want To Be

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
To anyone who has just joined, please check you pm inbox by clicking "messages" in the nav bar. New messages will make it yellow. Thank you!
Translate the page!
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Theme Changer
Norm
Bubble Gum
Forest Green
Latest topics
» {Windows 7 Boot Changer{ANDY
Vegetarian Recipies and Tips Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2014 9:49 pm by zebadedmy

» Download Pes 2012 For K800
Vegetarian Recipies and Tips Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2014 11:10 pm by zebadedmy

» Hum Jante Hai Tum Hame Barbad Karoge Dil Firbhi Tumhe Dete H
Vegetarian Recipies and Tips Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2014 3:48 pm by zebadedmy

» BHIMSEN JOSHI KANNADA Daswani SONGS
Vegetarian Recipies and Tips Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2014 5:19 am by zebadedmy

» Http://www.filesonic.com/file/4069778395/Starfucker_Complete
Vegetarian Recipies and Tips Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2014 5:54 am by zebadedmy

» Patch Oxford Advanced.rar
Vegetarian Recipies and Tips Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2014 1:48 pm by zebadedmy

» Patch Oxford Advanced.rar
Vegetarian Recipies and Tips Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2014 1:44 pm by zebadedmy

» Jenni - SVDL-446 Czech Mate Scissors
Vegetarian Recipies and Tips Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2014 2:25 am by zebadedmy

» Patrick Bruel, Puzzle Full Album Zip
Vegetarian Recipies and Tips Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2014 4:50 pm by zebadedmy

Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 278 on Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:19 pm
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Vegetarian Recipies and Tips

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
NoaCastle
Imagineer
NoaCastle

Vegetarian Recipies and Tips Empty
PostSubject: Vegetarian Recipies and Tips   Vegetarian Recipies and Tips Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 2:50 am

Well, let me start off by telling you my story.

Ever since I was a little kid, I wanted to be a vegetarian. However, with a very Christian mother a child of ten-eleven years can't handle the vegetarianism thing alone.
However... Enter... My teen years! What better time to rebel in my vegetarian way than when being 13, a fresh teen!
Since then, mom sort of stopped cooking dinner and I got a bit malnourished since I didn't really eat for a year. But then I started to make my own food, slowly but surely, and now I'm pretty accomplished and I'm making up my own recipies and trying out new things and all that.

I must add though that as of August '08, I've been eating seafood as well. It took quite some months for my body to get used to it again but now it's fine and I do a few fish dishes as well.

With that said, I'd be happy to share some of my recipies with you! However! I'm a bit egocentrical and so I will likely keep secret ingredients to myself and give you the general recipe instead =) I don't think that's too bitchy of me though, I mean this way you can experiment with your own ideas and add new ingredients that you think of yourself, like I did. It usually turns out good and then you have something to be proud of!

So! I shall add single posts per recipe, thus not having them in this introduction.

A thing to keep in mind is that I use a product called Quorn in many/most of my recipies. This is basically a meat substite and so meat eaters, you can do these dishes too by simply replacing the quorn with meat if you so wish! =)
For those who might want to try quorn, I advice you google it to get to their webpage and there find the store nearest you in which to buy it. I highly recommend it!!
Back to top Go down
NoaCastle
Imagineer
NoaCastle

PostSubject: Re: Vegetarian Recipies and Tips   Vegetarian Recipies and Tips Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 3:09 am

Pasta Bolognaise

for Three people
*Spaghetti (preferably Barilla)
*1bag of quorn (the minced meat replica kind)
*Half a can of chopped/crushed tomatoes
*Heinz ketchup (not the ecological one, trust me) (<- secret ingredient ;D)
*salt, pepper, oregano, basil
*Onions (OPTIONAL! I don't use onions, cause I'm onion intolerant. So I don't know what it'd taste like with onions, but many use it in their versions)

Boil the spaghetti normally, though take it off the stove about 30-60seconds earlier than it says. If barilla, I'd say about six and a half minutes.

Melt some butter in a frying pan, have medium to high heat and pour all the quorn in. Stir it around a bit til most or all of it looks a bit darker(as in not frozen) then pour in the chopped tomatoes. Stir again and then salt and pepper a fair bit. I love black peppers so I use quite a bit. If you'll use onions, you'll have them chopped up before hand in tiny pieces and now you add them. Splurt in some ketchup (not a tiny bit but don't go overboard either! Rather a bit more than a bit less though) and add a good ammount of oregano. Add about a fourth as much basil as you did oregano. Add some water, it is a sauce after all, about half a glass should be fine. Stir it all together and leave it on a low heat for maybe two minutes, stirring occationally.
Theen you're done!

Put the spaghetti on a plate, top it with the bolognaise sauce and in addition, top that with some more ketchup or shredded cheese... or both!

Enjoy =)
Back to top Go down
NoaCastle
Imagineer
NoaCastle

PostSubject: Re: Vegetarian Recipies and Tips   Vegetarian Recipies and Tips Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 3:25 am

Scones
Really simple and fast! Awesometastic breakfast or with your late night tea =)

for Two to Three people
*5dl(2.5cups) Flour
*50grams butter
*2.5dl (slightly more than 1 cup) water
*0.5-1tea spoon salt
*2tea spoons baking soda
*Your own ingredient (optional! Experiment ^^)

When done, they're absolutely orgasmic with either, two of, or all of these ontop: Butter, Cheese, orange/apricot marmelade

Oh and I like to mix with a wooden spoon, but that's optional too ;p Some form of big spoon is good though.

Turn the oven on and set it to... oh lord, ya'll use farenheit don't you? Um to like... 225 degrees celcius, I got no clue what that is in farenheit, sorry!

Get a big blastic bowl thing (I'm Swedish, I dno the names for everything xD) and pour in the flour. Add the baking soda and salt and mix it together. If you have an additional ingredient, add it now if it's dry like a herb. Melt the butter in the micro and pour the melted butter into the bowl. Make sure your hands are clean! then reach into the bowl and squish the mixture with your fingers, crumbling the dry ingredients together with the butter until it's all nice and crumbly. If your optional additional ingredient is not Dry, like cheese or something, you can add it now.
Add the water and blend it all together with the spoon to a sticky sticky even mess.
Get a plate for the oven and put a baking paper thingie on it, then take your mixing spoon and scoop up part of the dough and splurt it onto the plate, then do this until you're out of dough. Size of the scones is up to you =)
Put them in the oven and leave them for 10-13minutes. Take them out, cut them in two and enjoy!

All in all it takes about 20minutes ^^ And it's Delicious!
Back to top Go down
NoaCastle
Imagineer
NoaCastle

PostSubject: Re: Vegetarian Recipies and Tips   Vegetarian Recipies and Tips Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 3:27 am

I'll add more later ;D
Back to top Go down
Scorpionrose
Chowder
Scorpionrose

PostSubject: Re: Vegetarian Recipies and Tips   Vegetarian Recipies and Tips Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 1:01 pm

You know any easy, decent tofu recipes? I've given tofu a few tries but was disappointed with epic fail. laughing
Back to top Go down
NoaCastle
Imagineer
NoaCastle

PostSubject: Re: Vegetarian Recipies and Tips   Vegetarian Recipies and Tips Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 7:41 pm

Scorpionrose wrote:
You know any easy, decent tofu recipes? I've given tofu a few tries but was disappointed with epic fail. laughing
Actually I think tofu is disgusting xD It's only ok in Miso soup and some kinds of sushi. I can learn how to make miso soup and then give you that recipe if you want =) It wont be immediately, but later on ^^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vegetarian Recipies and Tips   Vegetarian Recipies and Tips Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vegetarian Recipies and Tips
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Be Who You Want To Be :: Real Life? What is this "Real Life" You speak of? :: MAKE ME A SANDWHICH!!!-
Jump to:  
free countersFree forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com